Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Whirlwind of Challenges

This week, splitcoast stampers has had the "Dirty Dare '08." I decided to take the dare, with an extra caviat... I wanted to do as many of the challenges with a scrapbook layout as I could. I had loads of fun. Here are the layouts I made this week!

This was a combination of a layout challenge, a color challenge to use primaries, and a challenge to use a cupcake on a layout. Whew! Nice to get these birthday pictures from 2005 done!



I accidentally cut off the right side of this layout, but it continues with the same blue. This was the combination of an inspiration challenge (to get inspiration from a blog), a layout challenge, and a "create a scene" challenge. Since I don't have any "scene" stamps, I did paper piecing. I watercolored background and added the trees and sun. For the trees, I used a glue pad to stamp on the flourish and added flocking. I love that stuff. The flourishes on the journaling block where colored in with a glazing pen. I added some pretty bling.


This is another bunch of pictures needing some attention. This pink and black challenge was perfect. I stamped the flower on the background paper. I also stamped the flower on cream paper and then watercolored them in. Then I used a glue pen to pen in the details and added black glitter.



Here's another layout with my sweet little nephew (he was here for a week with my sister and her husband from Tennessee this summer). It was a masculine challenge, a distress challenge, and a color challenge. I added the idea of using a technique from the famous and wonderful "Technique Junkies" newsletter.


This is a special layout. I always enjoy the annual family picture. This one looks relaly layered, but it's only 3 layers deep. The background blue is that great coredinations bazzil paper, masked, sanded, and stamped. I stamped on the ribbon with staz-on. I used a great template to create that corner detail. The challenge was a vellum challenge. You will see a vellum journaling block at the bottom as well as the butterfly stamped on vellum and then dry embossed to raise the image.

Not a lot of stamping here. Amazing. This was a layout challengeand a stitching layout. I handcut the flower on the right side. The 2005 numbers were made with a template and a white souffle pen and a zig painty. The only stamping is the little leaf detail under the ribbon flower.


This was a combination of an inspiration challenge and a layout challenge. That tag flower is one from my stash that I made several months ago when I made up a bunch of them. This is actually a very simple layout.

A ribbon challenge and a technique challenge here. This one is fun and represents my favorite kind of scrapping... taking stamping techniques to create a totally unique and cool layout with convensional scrapping supplies. Who needs premade embellishments when you can make cool stuff like this with stamps? This was 100 percent stash! Oh, and I used craft ink to do this... many of those "dye" ink techniques can be done with craft ink. I just prefer craft ink for it's rich intensity and opacity.


Well, thanks for coming along with me for a week of crazy scrapping my heart out. It was fun. Thanks splitcoast for all the cool challenges.






1 comment:

Geri said...

holy cow you have been a busy lady!!!! Great layouts and I am keeping my eyes open to your clever use of stamps. I love stamping on cards, but haven't really been satisfied with the results on scrapbook pages... you inspire me!