Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kindergarden Layout

Been a long, long time since I made a post here. I'm going to try to be better. I need the incentive.

Here's a layout I did for the splitcoaststampers scrapping challenges. It was last weeks sketch with this week's inspiration and themes. It's a piece done for my daughter's kindergarden school pictures.



The inspiration challenge called for these stamping stragies: create a deco border with stamps (stamp along the edge and then cut it out for a decorative border), find a new way to use your stamps (like a journaling stamp for a background), emboss with your stamps for embellishment (theme challenge also called for this), use scraps from your stash, make your own transparency, create your own die cut by cutting out a stamped image, and stamping with paint.

I used a club scrap stamp to stamp with craft navy in and heat emboss to create the border. I made the flowers by stamping a leaf stamp, cutting it out, and arranging it in a circular way (this covers both use stamps in a new way and make your own die cut). I made the transparency title by stamping the word with staz-on and stamping paint on the back. The pattern paper came from my stash.




Here is a close up of the tag embellishment where I stamped the leaf and then used water color to blend and soften the colors. I used the stampin up craft ink, rose red. You can hardly see it, but I also used my sakura glitter pen to trace the swirls for a touch of added bling. I put a sequin in the center and applied it with my ka-jinker. The little plastic things were white ones colored with timber brown staz-on.


Here's a close up of the title transparency. I stamped on it with a club scrap alphabet uisng Olive Green Staz-On. I then stamped on the back to create a semi-opaque background with a club scrap stamp and making memories paint.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see you again!!! What a cute LO.

Geri said...

Nice to see you posting again ... love the LO... especially the flowers... those came out to cute!