Friday, June 8, 2007

Easter Bunny Layout

Here's one of my latest creations. I'll do a step by step discussion of how I did this. Most of the materials used in this layout came from the fabulous scrapgoods June scrapgoods kit. It's so lovely.

The first step was to create the swirly background. I use a sketch from a sketch artist on a board I know. Here is a link to the sketch: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xYxNdQZzWOM/Rl5nEukuFkI/AAAAAAAAABc/jMOWJ7dmIBo/s1600-h/skissa5_1.jpg and here is a link to her sketch blog: http://gettinsketchy.blogspot.com/ I turned her sketch on it's side to make it suit my photo.

Then I did the background by taking a template from club scrap and "tapping" adirondack "cloudy blue" acrylic paint though it. When it dried, I took a glue pen and hand penned a line on the swirl and sprinkled it with glitter.

For the flowers, I used a stamp from scrapgoods and used yellow embossing powder that came with the June EP101 kit. I embossed them on vellum and cut them out. In this detail picture, I stacked two of the large flowers, added a button, and tied it all together with silk ribbon.


For the faux "ribbon" on the right bottom of the layout, I used the dymo-style tape new from hot off the press with their new embossing tool. I cut the end into a swallow tail pattern. For the "button," I took a plain silver 1/2" brad and coated it in ultramarine staz-on. Then I dipped it in molten UTTE and then into microbeads.


For my final close up, I'd like to talk about the title. I took a stampin up alphabet and inked it with Versamagic "aegean blue" and then stamped it onto a dry swirly background stamp. Then I stamped it on a heavy, glossy white chipboard and cut out the letters, leaving a white border. I coated the letters in glossy effects glue. I made the "easter" tag out of shrink plastic. I used an angel company alpha to stamp the letters.


I hope you enjoy this layout!




No comments: