Saturday, August 22, 2009

Whimpsical Halloween

Halloween Whimsey!

I did this one in reponse to splitcoaststampers regular Saturday inspiration challenge. I was inspired by these moth killers: http://www.pylones.com/famille.php?fid=349 They are made by a company called Pylones.


It's all pretty straight forward, really, except for my little bats. For these, I hand drew a template, then traced it on scrap paper. The bodies are each heavy cardstock. The wings are lighter weight specialty paper from club scrap (some vellum, some metallic, some crape). I stamped the bodies and wings with a glue pad and then flocked and glittered them. Then I used pens to make the eyes, mouthes and dots on the ears.



I'm really in love with this layout. Those bats are darn cute and they were fun to make (although I was wanted a die cut near the end of the hand cutting). I don't generally do a lot of paper piecing, but this one was really fun. Hope you like it. Stampin smiles!

No comments: